CIP: Any advice on how to spend my enchant armour scrolls?

I got a seed with an Ossuary (which I fled) and a Bailey. I finished looting the Bailey and ended up with a total of 12 scrolls of enchant armour. I haven’t gotten “permanent armour” that I really like yet, but I was wondering how I should spend my scrolls.
morgue

I’m hoping for troll armour, a staff of cold, and some art aux armour. Also an amulet of reflection.

U - staff of fire
(no shield)
L - +0 steam dragon scales
k - +0 helmet
Y - +1 cloak
O - +2 pair of gloves {Str+3}
(boots unavailable)
M - amulet of regeneration
R - ring of protection from cold
A - ring of wizardry

154 fulminant prisms (Ossuary D:11 D:4 D:5 D:6)
516 creatures vanquished.

If it was me? Since I already have regen amulet, I’d test that +6 Int ring mail and see what that does to my success % and power relative to my AC/EV. If that thing’s no good, then I’d stick with Steam and not worry about troll. Drop 5 scrolls on Steam, 1 on cloak, and 2 on helm. That leaves 4 scrolls left and 19 AC (and 14 EV) going into L5. There’s plenty of game left, and buying 8 AC now will help me find more those enchant arm scrolls.

Good job on doing Bailey. Those can be pretty rough. It looks like you left Gauntlet before facing the Minotaur. Another point for playing it safe. Good luck!

(Oh, how about getting some Evoc? Those are some mighty sweet wands you got there…)

Personally I would be aiming for +11 ice dragon scales with a Djinn like this. +6 acid dragon scales would also be an option, as would robes of archmagi.

That means you can afford to spend 3 scrolls to get a +2 helmet and a +2 cloak, (You’re likely to find a few more scrolls as the game progresses.) And if you find a cloak of will, later you can afford to enchant that up to +2 too.
On the other hand, you could also enchant your steam dragon scales up to +5.
Either option is fine I think. You should still have enough scrolls to enchant your endgame armour almost all the way to the top when you find it, and it will give you some extra AC in the midgame.