CIP: Two runes and Depths cleared. Where to next?

I have my Djinni Conjurer of Makhleb with the gossamer (spider) and decaying (swamp) runes or Zot. I’ve also cleared the Elven Halls, Depths and found the entrance to the Realm of Zot. After almost dying in Hell, I’m coming here to ask where I should go next. morgue (Slime Pits?)

Nice spell set, you should be solid for a 3 rune.

Vaults down to 4 would be my next stop, then maybe Crypt.

Harm at 130hp is rough. Good luck.

1 Thank

There are three common places to get the 3rd rune in a “3-rune” game (I included some tactics under spoilers in case you’ll prefer to go in blind):

Slime Pits (tricky boss fight, unusual enemies): No loot until the fifth floor, lots of different slimes, being next to acidic walls lowers your defences. Resistances needed are rCorr, rC and Will. Final boss is a very tricky fight for a new player, probably makes sense to look it up on the wiki. Often considered the easiest third rune.

Vaults (lots of very hard enemies): On the fifth floor of Vaults lies the silver rune. Vaults:5 is an ambush floor with lots of guards instantly surrounding you, but the real danger is that the whole floor is filled with large amounts of high tier monsters. All types of resistances are useful (especially rF, rC, rElec and Will). Common tactic is to prebuff on Vaults:4 read a tele and go down, then read revelation and move to a defensible position from which you slowly and carefully clear outwards.

Abyss (lots of random enemies and terrain): Entrance is guaranteed in Depths. Floors are random shifting mash-up of stuff, enemies are constantly spawning around you, lots of annoying debuffing monsters live here. Starting at Abyss:3 the rune vault can spawn, you’ll get a message when you are near and the rune will be marked on your map. The vault itself is probably easier than either Slime:5 or Vaults:5, but getting to it can be quite annoying.

PS. You should really train some Fighting, it gives HP which is useful for anyone, but especially so for Djinni. Like I mean drop everything else and train 16 Fighting at the very least. Otherwise you char looks good, plenty of escape consumables, should be very winnable if you’re careful and diligent.

4 Thanks

Wow, I never knew fighting gave HP! I’ll definitely do that!

1 Thank

Could this perhaps be explained better in-game?

“Fighting skill increases your accuracy and damage in physical combat, and
also increases your maximum health.”

“Fighting is also the skill that determines the number of hit points your character gets as
they increase in levels”

I’m not sure how it can be better explained to someone who reads neither the skill descriptions nor the game manual.

1 Thank