Having fun with jivya

lately, in between my yredelemul runs I’ve been playing around with jivya, and it’s really fun! i feel like the slimes eating all the gear is a feature just because if they didn’t there’d be no downsides to going jellymode. If you’re in melee it’s a great time, and you get mutations to spice things up, it’s silly but fun. I’ve never made it far enough for the slime vaults to matter but it’s a good time! :microbe:

has anyone else had any fun experiences with jivya? is it as fun for spellcasters?

1 Thank

I won a MiFi of Jiyva back around 0.30. Polearms work well with jelly spawns.

ooh, you know i haven’t tried polearms!

Yeah, my current run (AtFi) spawned a faded altar on D:1 with no bad choices for a fighter and I ended up with Jiyva. It’s been fun so far. My piety is already maxed out in Lair:5 and I’ve gotten some really nice mutations. The regeneration feels pretty strong too. I just dove to the bottom of the Slime Pits for the first time and managed to nab some nice gear before the rest got slurped. I should haste next time. Very fun god, would definitely take again!

1 Thank

yeah, if you can grab stuff before it gets eaten you can really have some good fun! it’s just about making sure you’ve got the hastes XD