Help me with my Felid Orc Shapeshifter's acquirement choice

This is my first game with new Beogh and I’m enjoying how powerful but simple and limited the allies are, it takes way less micromanaging than old Beogh. It’s also really fun roleplaying a cat that is shifty and formless but has the soul of an orc.

So, here’s my dilemma: I found a scroll of acquirement at the entrance to Vaults. I read it. It has two really good options. First: a manual of dodging. Mmmmm sweet EV 75% off. Second: a storm talisman. Oooh lightning orckitty. The other options are an okay ring and 1153 gold (good roll!)

Honestly, I’m leaning towards the manual since I already have a Death talisman, which already offers a solid lategame form. I haven’t played a Lichcat before, only a Lichtroll, which was great, but has high HP and AC. Is Lichcat as good, or is it too frail?

Acquiring the manual is a definitely a better short-term survival boost compared to having Storm form to aim for later on, but Storm form is definitely a long-term power boost to enjoy when it comes time to tackle Zot. What would you do?

Morgue: FeSh^Beogh D:14 - Pastebin.com

I haven’t played many fields, but I’d think the EV boost to storm form make it better for felids than death form.

That said, I think you’re right that the manual of dodging is the best choice this early in the game.

I take it you haven’t seen anything to spend the gold on. You could clear Orc before you decide in case there are things to buy there.

1 Thank