A (revived) forum for discussing Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup (DCSS), an open source roguelike adventure through dungeons filled with dangerous monsters in a quest to find the mystifyingly fabulous Orb of Zot.
Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup is an open source roguelike adventure through dungeons filled with dangerous monsters in a quest to find the mystifyingly fabulous Orb of Zot. It began in 2006 as a fork of Linley’s Dungeon Crawl.
- Play DCSS online in the browser: Choose a webtiles server by location, or manually. (SSH information also available here.)
- Play DCSS offline: Download the latest version (or old versions!) for windows, macos, linux.
- Build DCSS from source: the game is easily buildable open source software released under the GNU Public License.
This forum is a new iteration of the DCSS Tavern, the official forum for discussing phpbb that was active beginning 2010(?). It is archived at the link above, but has been mostly closed to new signups for several years.
Here are some things you can do to get started in the forum:
Introduce yourself by customizing your your profile, adding avatars, linking your scoring page, etc.
Get to know the community by browsing discussions that are already happening here. When you find a post interesting, informative, or entertaining, use the button to thank the poster!
Contribute by commenting, sharing your own perspective, asking questions, or offering feedback in the discussion. Before replying or starting new topics, please review the Community Guidelines. Two good ways to start might be to:
- The default theme supports both a dark mode and a light mode (based on the old tavern color scheme), you can configure which is shown. A quick toggle is in the sidebar towards the bottom.
- In general, discourse is extremely customizable to the end user, so play around with your preferences
- Default avatars are drawn from crawl tiles, and may be customized
- Email digests are disabled, and the amount of email this forum should send is relatively limited