YAVP: 5 runes | OpSh of Chei on DCSS Android (My first DCSS win!)

My first post and my first DCSS victory! I would’ve never thought that this octopode would be my first winner. I’m playing on DCSS Android port. I had to take a landscape screenshot because one of my other character’s long cause of death made the highscore texts warped and unreadable in portrait. Also, i had trouble uploading my character morgue txt file like the existing posts here.

Morgue file using googledrive

Morgue file using pastebin

5 Thanks

Congrats, very impressive!

1 Thank

Thank you, at first i didn’t take the run seriously since it’s an octopode (i just focused on surviving).

But, if you survive for long enough…

2 Thanks

That’s the thing, playing advanced species makes me a lot more cautious than usual.

1 Thank

People usually upload morgues via Pastebin and such, since they are a bit too long to imbed in the post directly.

1 Thank

Thank you for the suggestion. I’ll try using pastebin the next time i post.
*edit: added the morgue file using pastebin

1 Thank

Nice, that looks like a well built char. Also neat how you won your first with Chei, who is somewhat of a challenge god. Some prior experience with tactical turn-based games perhaps?

1 Thank

I picked Chei because i think that the stat boost and their god abilities can compensate well for shapeshifter archetype. Lately i’ve been watching WizardIke DCSS streams which helps me improve at the game. For prior experience, i mostly played FF tactics and Disgaea series, which is turn-based but not really a roguelike.

2 Thanks

First win and with a hard mode char, exactly my story first win I every had was a vinestalker. I think the very squishy early start makes one play better, before that I kept trying and failing to get my first win with Minotuars Orcs etc.

1 Thank