YAVP MfGl

https://underhound.eu/crawl/morgue/Colgate/morgue-Colgate-20231117-192732.txt

This was my first time trying out extended and it was easier than I expected. Managed to get all 15 runes. Maybe my high expectations about its difficulty gave me full immunity to hubris and that helped.

I decided to go for shapeshifting, because I found early snake form. Storm form felt like shadow of its former glory. I had ~10 AC and ~100 damage rating more in storm form before change in non-extended games than what I had here. Although it does give more EV nowadays. Another big change of course is that it is no longer dispellable. Not having to worry about quicksilver was quite nice. I think overall it is quite big nerf to Storm form as not only is it weaker but it is also more difficult to get online. It is easier to train 2 skills to 13 and 1 skill to 8 than 1 skill to 23.

Regardless of this huge nerf storm form was still good enough for 15 rune game, so it probably was way too OP before this change. I considered death form for Tomb, but decided to stick to Storm form instead as torment is never actually lethal and I had much higher damage in storm form. There was quite lots off xp in extended, managed to get level 8 spells castable with 8 int.

Speaking of level 8 spells, I rarely get to cast level 8 necromancy or translocation spells. Infestation felt quite powerful. Borgnjor’s revivication and disjunction seemed like nice panic buttons, but I never needed them. Snake form was quite nice for midgame. Forms overriding Jiyva mutations was bit nonbo.

3 Thanks

grats on the first 15 rune win. Once Unarmed shapeshifting is online its really fun however we need more then one normal HP race that is good at shapeshifting. Merfolk is the only one I have managed to get maxed with it, others with the 0 training takes far too much xp you are already in extended by the time you can run death form or storm.