Given the species’ many issues, I’ve been kicking around an idea for a Vampire rework for a while. I want to receive some feedback before I begin work on a pr.
- You start in bloodless form by default.
- The health penality is reduced to -10%.
- rC++ reduced to rC+.
- You can regenerate again like a mummy.
- Shapeshifting is removed as a skill.
- You lose the ability to turn into a bat.
“The blood of demons suits you just fine!”
You gain a new passive that allows vampiric effects to ignore rN+ and function against demonic enemies.
Gaining xp or successful killing stabs against eligible foes now fills a blood bar (represented in status effects as Blood(x)) that goes from 0-100. At 100, you gain the ability to morb- I mean enter a bloodcraze, which grants buffs in return for losing your undead resistances.
You enter bloodcraze over 3 turns.
“A pulse ripples across your motionless veins.”
“Heat returns to your vessel as blood surges within.”
“Life gushes and overflows. You are reborn with a terrible thirst!”
- Your blood goes down every turn.
- Your movement delay is reduced.
- All melee attacks cast a special version of vampiric draining on the main target, dealing damage, healing you and extending your bloodcraze by refilling your blood.
- Your senses kick into overdrive, allowing you to detect enemies in a large radius.
- Your health no longer regenerates.
- You spew blood everywhere. This is purely cosmetic.
“You feel anemic as the last of your blood leaves your vessel.”
When bloodcraze ends, you gain the weak status for a duration.
This rework is intended to lean more into the vampiric theme and solve long-standing problems of the race while also providing a fun new ability to use as a straight buff for fighters and a backup tool for stabbers and mages.