Tavern Snacks casual clan?

Nice work everyone! I’ve been very busy so not had much chance to play. I wanna do something of Qazlal cos I messed up a super winnable Qazlal character a month or so ago and I was really enjoying the run.

2 Thanks

agreed, I don’t find myself using Mercury Vapors that much. Managed to pick up a +10 sling with flame, rPois and rCorr on D:5 and have been riding that with Mephitic Cloud and Iskenderun’s Mystic Blast to clear some space. Snake may be rough for this build with all the rPois in there but Shoals might be OK for me as a Te, usually I like Clarity as well but no luck finding that so far.

1 Thank

ugh I hate alligator snapping turtles. Which are you? You shouldn’t be both! Make up your minds! Alligator or snapping turtle.

2 Thanks

Isn’t it a real-world species?

1 Thank

hahaha, good rant. shoals hits hard.

my demonspawn met a dumb death in snake (I had already grabbed the Serpentine rune, and there was a second rune-vault area of the map that I was clearing…when i could have just walked away and had the rune)

1 Thank

I think it is! A Tengu Alchemist, however, is not, and should not have to deal with such mundanity. :smile:

2 Thanks

Well, true to form, I get a win, then proceed to play too fast and splat LOTS of Nemelex combos. I am having more fun than I thought with trying to get gems, though; up to 6 now! Can’t imagine ever getting the Vaults (or extended) ones.

2 Thanks

how do the gems work exactly? they’re at the bottom of the branch and expire after a certain number of turns spent inside the branch?

this is all I found, since I am slow and have never seen one!

• Fast-moving adventurers can find gems at the bottom of many branches. These have no use, but are great for bragging rights.

OK! Now I found one. Press } and then ! to see a list of all available gems and the current timer on them. By default, it will only show you the ones that still exist, but pressing - will toggle full view (including shattered gems).

One thing I just noticed is that those timers count down, not up: 1799/1800 means that 1 turn in that branch has elapsed and you have 1799 turns left in that branch before the gem shatters.

1 Thank

Congrats on the 10-rune win, Strat! I was watching the updates on the clan page and wondered how that would turn out. Very impressive, especially in a tournament.

1 Thank

Well, play a lot of games and you are bound to get lucky … Thanks, though! I dipped into Hells for exploration, but I wasn’t feeling great about them with pure melee, so I bailed on the game at 10. I am really afraid of the “new” Hells, and I hate Tomb, so that might be it for total runes for me.

2 Thanks

Had my best run yet, FoBr who forgot to pick a god in the Temple and then ran into Jivya later. Two runes, two gems (I messed up and went to the Slime Pits before I had maxed out piety and couldn’t get the gem in time), then a jerk orc warrior sent me to the Abyss. Figured I would take a shot at that rune, but didn’t notice when Jiyva took away my rPois, met a green death and friends, and forgot to put on my ring with rPois.

It’s been a good tournament so far for me, though. Not too many terrible runs and usually getting to lvl 10+, enough to get a combo high if nobody’s winning with them yet.

1 Thank

Sounds like a good run, esp. godless to Lair (that can be rough). Sorry it ended with banishment - that moment is always a sinking feeling!

2 Thanks

what made me forget a god was these drops:

w - the +10 falchion of Youthful Indiscretion {chaos, rN+ Dex+7}
(You took it off an orc on level 3 of the Dungeon)
E - the +9 dagger of Ancient Evil (weapon) {protect, *Rage rF+ Int-2 Dex+7}
(You found it on level 5 of the Dungeon)

That let me mow down just about everything down to the Lair. But I do tend to get tunnel vision sometimes when I have a good melee character, especially like this one (no teleport). It turns out that Jiyva took my rPois away on Snake:4 (rude!), plus that orc dropped me onto Abyss:2 so technically I was one level deeper than I needed to be (at least my death was in a vault where the abyssal rune was, for the moment anyway).

It was a good learning experience! Don’t take Jiyva’s mutations for granted.

1 Thank

I know I only remember the close ones, not all the quick splats, but losing a Nemelex MuAl in Zot just hurts - so close! I suspect that my constant pivots with characters doesn’t help. I am indecisive about what direction to take when there isn’t one clear path. Guess I will try for a faster turncount HOMo of Ely next.

1 Thank

The Abyss taketh away, the Abyss giveth. Wasn’t sure about the S branches so decided to get the first Rage banner by dropping into the Vaults. Played around in there for a while, got whacked with a weapon of distortion …

and landed in the Abyss in a vault with the abyssal rune and a scroll of blinking in my hand. Landed on the rune, grabbed it, set off a scroll of teleportation, survived the onslaught, teleported, and killed enough to get an exit to appear. Still in progress with 1 rune

2 Thanks

ended up getting 2 runes in that one, didn’t feel comfortable in the Shoals so went back to the Vaults and lost to Zenata spamming summons on me. No runes since (yet). Can’t remember the last time I saw the Swamp …

You’re ahead of me; I’m still runeless this tournament.

Congratulations on the win, starts!

I am trying my luck with the Lord of Darkness banner, but so far I’ve not been lucky or played terribly. I’ll finish this tournament without a win I am afraid.